St Asaph SEO
“We had thirty people in our office. And if you have LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Facebook – if everyone’s sharing, it already gives us some social proof. That’s like eighty shares right off the bat. And people like sharing their friends’ stuff. So it just gave us a lot of social proof, gave us some amplification.
40. The duplicate content penalty has to do with having duplicate content pieces on your own website, and not with somebody else reusing your website content; otherwise, news sites, press release sites and lyrics sites would be penalized. Just make sure that there aren’t any duplicate/very similar pages on your website.
89. Make sure to vary the anchor text used for your backlinks, especially if you go after money making keywords. Google’s algorithm is now smart enough to understand what a particular website page is about, so don’t just focus on a few anchors. When in doubt, go for brand and URL-based anchor texts.
You understand the digital world, but we understand digital marketing. We can create your plan, raise awareness, capture and nurture leads by executing an effective marketing strategy.
Best practices: Whitehat SEO These techniques aim to improve a site by focusing on the visitors instead of on ranking higher. Examples of good, whitehat techniques include creating organic, high-quality content and adding good descriptive tags covered in the previous module. They adhere to Webmaster Guidelines, which your site should follow to rank well and organically in Google Search.
Black Hat SEO, on the other hand, as you might guess, is the exact opposite. Deception is often employed, using methods which are frowned upon by search engines and contrary to their guidelines in order to enhance a website’s rankings. Black Hat practices always get caught in the end.
80. Mix regular search operators to create Google queries that highlight less exploited link opportunities. As an example, many people will try to find guest blogging opportunities by typing their keyword + “write for us” into Google’s search box, but only a few of them will also search for their keyword + “write for me”.
Incorporating UX best practices is easy. The web is filled with templates and advice. What separates the pros from the amateurs is A/B testing. Each one of us has our own biases that will influence how a web page is constructed. By running a series of experiments, you will be able to quantify what is working, what isn’t, and continue testing until you get it right.
An SEO technique is considered white hat if it conforms to the search engines’ guidelines and involves no deception. As the search engine guidelines are not written as a series of rules or commandments, this is an important distinction to note. White hat SEO is not just about following guidelines, but is about ensuring that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see. White hat advice is generally summed up as creating content for users, not for search engines, and then making that content easily accessible to the spiders, rather than attempting to trick the algorithm from its intended purpose. White hat SEO is in many ways similar to web development that promotes accessibility, although the two are not identical.
There are two forms of black hat SEO. It can get very confusing because they are never really clearly separated by definition. Also, depending on which space or vertical you work in, both forms of black hat SEO can mean very, very different things.
By Kristopher Jones, founder and CEO of LSEO.com. As search engine algorithms become smarter on a daily basis, businesses — both local and enterprise level –must keep clean SEO techniques at the forefront. The days of black hat SEO tactics, such as keyword stuffing, hidden text, link schemes and rich snippet markup spam, are long gone. White hat SEO is a must for any digital marketing campaign in 2017. Based on Searchmetrics’ 2016 Rebooting Ranking Factors study of Google’s top search ranking factors, content and user intentions were Google’s top focus that year — a trend that will continue to be prevalent this year. Focusing on content and how it directly influences user factors, such as click-through rates (CTR) and bounce rates, let’s discuss what white hat SEO techniques will keep your ranking results positive. Keep Content Relevant and High Quality Content is king, so keep it relevant, include only the highest-quality expertise on the subject matter, and make sure grammar is correct. The No.1 goal of any type of content is to problem solve. Make sure your content solves problems, adds value and entertains. If you can cover these elements with a passionate outlook on your industry, your content will surpass the competition. Algorithms and humans can quickly spot thin and irrelevant content, which can dissolve any website authority you may have. If you hire writers and editors, find the best even though they’re an added expense. Never let something lacking in relevance or quality go live. Consider Your Content’s Length and Keywords There was a time when a post could be a few hundred words and rank well. Though this is still true in some cases, top industry players have longer-form content. According to a serpIQ study, the average content length of the top 10 results on search engine results pages was more than 2,000 words. This shows algorithms that you’re trying to educate viewers by offering more information and, naturally, leads to more keyword opportunities. In addition, you’ll want to have keyword-optimized title tags to ensure consistency in your webpage’s indexing and ranking. Refurbish Old Content Outdated content makes your site look stale from both an algorithm and user perspective. You can delete or use a 301 redirect (this sends users to the new URL, which is time-consuming) for old content, but your best option is to refurbish it. Refurbishing old content keeps the page fresh and improves its quality because you’re giving it a new feel with a modern perspective. Go through and update your old content, but do so wisely. For example, you could make a static URL for an events page without specifying the year, and update that page yearly. In other words, start an archives page on the original URL instead of simply deleting old content. This will also give the original URL more authority by strengthening its domain every year. Pay Attention to Other Top-Ranking Factors The other top ranking factors heading into 2017 are user intentions, such as click-through rates, bounce rates and time on site (TOS). Good content will naturally lead to these user factors. According to data from Contently, 35 percent of readers spend less than 30 seconds engaging with downloadable content, so make sure the opening sentence and lead image/graphic is engaging. As well, edit every sentence for accuracy and grammatical structure — the secret to good writing is rewriting. Each piece of content needs a strong title to draw in readers. Spend as much thought as necessary on titles as you do the content creation itself. Content creators should write titles instead of SEOs or web developers, since keyword-rich titles alone aren’t as effective as relevancy. Concluding Thoughts White hat SEO has been in favor for many years now and will continue to be in favor as long as businesses are marketing themselves online. Due to the increased presence of machine learning throughout algorithms, search engines are continually becoming smarter. These algorithms can immediately recognize low-quality content and discredit a website. A feasible way to battle this is by implementing the white hat content-building techniques above. Kristopher B. Jones is a prominent internet entrepreneur, investor, public speaker, best-selling author and the founder and CEO of LSEO.com.
103. Use tools like SEMrush, Spyfu or Ahrefs to determine the keywords for which your site ranks on the second Google search results page. You can significantly boost the rankings of a particular page by simply pointing a link to it from one of your popular website pages. Often times, this may be enough to move your site from the second to the first Google search results page for a particular keyword.
9. Having a dedicated “Contact Us” page which lists your contact address, phone numbers, etc. is mandatory. Google wants to make sure that you run a real business, and not an affiliate site built for the sole purpose of netting a quick buck.
99. Don’t get obsessed with getting as much website traffic as possible; if it doesn’t convert to sales, it is useless! It is much better to target keywords with a lower search volume and big conversion rates, rather than optimize your site for keywords that attract lots of non-paying visitors.
According to data from Contently, 35 percent of readers spend less than 30 seconds engaging with downloadable content, so make sure the opening sentence and lead image/graphic is engaging. As well, edit every sentence for accuracy and grammatical structure — the secret to good writing is rewriting. Each piece of content needs a strong title to draw in readers.
56. All paid and affiliate links should have their “nofollow” attribute set. According to Google, these links don’t transfer PageRank or anchor text, so (in theory) nofollow links won’t provide any SEO benefits to the sites that you are linking to.
The day may come when links are less important to rankings, but that day hasn’t arrived yet. If you ignore one of the top two ranking factors, you’re really doing yourself a disservice. The key is to get the right kinds of links. Links that have relevance to your site. Links that require a human editorial review. The kinds of links that are earned.
Any image that’s wider than the content wastes server space and diminishes the website loading speed. Repeat the process for your “featured images” as well; it is much better to create properly sized images for them, rather than reuse the big images. For best results, use tools like RIOT to set the best image size/quality compromise.
136. Many bloggers and businesses earn money when people click their affiliate links. Nevertheless, Google can penalize the site if your affiliate links aren’t nofollow. Fortunately, plug-ins like Pretty Link Lite can nofollow your affiliate links automatically, also offering you detailed click tracking reports, and more.
Razvan Gavrilas September 9th Link Building has many “Hats”. Indeed Linkbuilding, can be seen as a “Black Hat” SEO marketing strategy,but it can also be a “White Hat” strategy. A “White Hat Link Building” example would be: “Guest Posting” – you write an article on a popular site that is read by many people and that artcile will generate an amount of backlinks pointing to your site eventually.The would be natural acquired backlinks. This is just one method. There are many more White Hat methods of Link Building. Reply
Companies that employ overly aggressive techniques can get their client websites banned from the search results. In 2005, the Wall Street Journal reported on a company, Traffic Power, which allegedly used high-risk techniques and failed to disclose those risks to its clients. Wired magazine reported that the same company sued blogger and SEO Aaron Wall for writing about the ban. Google’s Matt Cutts later confirmed that Google did in fact ban Traffic Power and some of its clients.
Problems We Solve Despite spending 5 or 6 figures a year on marketing & sales, many companies tell us they aren’t getting the quality of leads and new customers they need to hit their targets. They say that they can’t afford to keep spending at this level without being able to directly connect marketing effort to sales results. We can’t help everyone. But if this issue is a priority for your company, we’d be happy to speak with you to learn enough about your situation to see if we can help.
147. Make sure to keep your website clean and free from links that point out to shady websites. Update its CMS and plug-ins regularly and back it up regularly. Often times, this can be done by your hosting provider for a small fee, or it may even be included in a regular hosting package.
Photo by SG2012