According to data from Contently, 35 percent of readers spend less than 30 seconds engaging with downloadable content, so make sure the opening sentence and lead image/graphic is engaging. As well, edit every sentence for accuracy and grammatical structure — the secret to good writing is rewriting. Each piece of content needs a strong title to draw in readers.
Excellent. I still believe users shouldn’t piss search engines by using black hat link building strategies. I am a blogger, and I have full faith in White Hat Link building tactics. By the way, you have written a wonderful piece. Keep up the good work. Reply
As Google continues to improve its ability to deliver hyper-local results, it is critically important to have complete and accurate data in one’s Google My Business profile. This continues to be an easy win, as less than half of all businesses have claimed their business listing.
98. Don’t just rely on SEO for traffic. Forum posting, ethical article marketing, guest posting, offline marketing (flyers, etc), Q & A sites, document sharing sites and giveaways are just a few examples of free and inexpensive website traffic sources.
I’m definitely in agreement with Samuel on this one. When a potential client asks me whether I do White hat, Grey hat, or Black hat SEO, I respond with “No Hat SEO”. Then of course, I go on to explain that I do what gets long-term results for my clients – by persuading trusted authority sites to link to the client website.
Sharing it in social media is an easy way to find out. If people share it, they found it to be interesting, precise and likable. If they don’t, then maybe it’s a dud. I don’t think it’s hard to determine yourself what content is high-quality, just hard to admit what’s not.
An SEO technique is considered white hat if it conforms to the search engines’ guidelines and involves no deception. As the search engine guidelines are not written as a series of rules or commandments, this is an important distinction to note. White hat SEO is not just about following guidelines, but is about ensuring that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see. White hat advice is generally summed up as creating content for users, not for search engines, and then making that content easily accessible to the spiders, rather than attempting to trick the algorithm from its intended purpose. White hat SEO is in many ways similar to web development that promotes accessibility, although the two are not identical.
WhiteHat a modern, responsive and clean html template. We have designed this template for Seo company, Marketing Agency, Digital Marketing Advertisers and their clients. WhiteHat has full features of a professional template as w3 validate code, fully responsive layout, cross-browser compatibility, and dynamic multiple sections.
Hi Ryan, thank you for this informative post. You mentioned in your article that you do not enter the website field of the blog comments. Just a question, if you entered your website url, will it be a do follow link?
20. Your pages don’t load as fast as they should because the images aren’t properly optimized. Open a website page, and then press the Print Screen key (Windows) or Command + Shift + 3 (Mac). Then, paste the clipboard image into your favorite graphics editor and measure the width of the actual content.
Hey Ryan, nice post! Really liked your first section about blog commenting. There is absolutely such a thing as a powerful, natural blog comment link. That said, I think blog commenting isn’t so much about today’s link, but tomorrow’s link. The more you leave thoughtful comment on other blogs within your industry, the more relationships you’ll build. And as most people understand in our digital marketing sphere, these kinds of relationships can open up lucrative opportunities, often in the form of a link. Cheers
Above all else, never do anything purely for search engines. This is how companies cross the fine line between black hat SEO and legitimate, white hat SEO practices.
53. Keep your content updated, or prepare to see it losing its good rankings. Update the information whenever something changes, fix the errors and get rid of broken links. If your site is built using WordPress, plug-ins like Broken Link Checker can help you save a lot of time.
To improve a Web page’s position in a SERP, you have to know how search engines work. Search engines categorize Web pages based on keywords — important terms that are relevant to the content of the page. In our example, the term “skydiving” should be a keyword, but a term like “bungee jumping” wouldn’t be relevant.
There are two forms of black hat SEO. It can get very confusing because they are never really clearly separated by definition. Also, depending on which space or vertical you work in, both forms of black hat SEO can mean very, very different things.
SEO techniques can be classified into two broad categories: techniques that search engines recommend as part of good design, and those techniques of which search engines do not approve. The search engines attempt to minimize the effect of the latter, among them spamdexing. Industry commentators have classified these methods, and the practitioners who employ them, as either white hat SEO, or black hat SEO. White hats tend to produce results that last a long time, whereas black hats anticipate that their sites may eventually be banned either temporarily or permanently once the search engines discover what they are doing.
at the end of the day, this is what google wants. they want YOU to be able to optimize your OWN site, but they don’t want a handful of agencies being able to automate seo across thousands of sites. you can’t fight google, they’re a lot smarter than we are and they’re going to win.
“Content is King”. For every instance, content is the only fragment which serves both the objectives of targeting search engines and online audience as well. But as this is about White Hat SEO, content to be used in websites is just targeted at the engagement of audience.
In 2014 (the most recent data available), Searchmetrics reported that over a third of Google search results incorporated Rich Snippets supported by Schema, but only 0.3% of websites were making use of the Google-approved Schema tool. I suspect that percentage has improved over that past couple of years, but the opportunity to use Schema as a competitive edge is still huge.
When I published 151 Things to Do in Carmel CA, I wanted to contact the businesses/places that I had referenced in the article. Many just had a contact form on their site or something like /* */. I just sent my generic intro email and 100% responded positively that they wanted the link to the article. In most cases I got a ‘real’ email address and name when they replied. That’s the beauty of using Brian’s strategy of sending an intro email first (without the link), asking them if they would like to have it. It forces them to reply, versus if you simply send over the link.
26. The free (but much less accurate) version of the method above would be to target keywords that have a 90+ AdWords competition score. Some of these keywords may not be very profitable for you because of your website’s particular design, call to action, and so on.
It’s all a matter of perspective and attitude. Do you do short term SEO or long term SEO? if it’s long-term SEO, then you are engaging in clean, powerful link building.
136. Many bloggers and businesses earn money when people click their affiliate links. Nevertheless, Google can penalize the site if your affiliate links aren’t nofollow. Fortunately, plug-ins like Pretty Link Lite can nofollow your affiliate links automatically, also offering you detailed click tracking reports, and more.
117. Verify that your website is properly optimized by running a free SEO audit. There are several online services, both free and paid, which can run dozens of tests and show you potential problems. SEO SiteCheckup allows you to run a free test each day, for example.
Google is now doubling down on mobile, giving notice that “after January 10, 2017, pages where content is not easily accessible to a user on the transition from the mobile search results may not rank as highly.” In other words, the Google index is going mobile first and if you don’t have a mobile-friendly page, then you will likely take a hit in the SERPs. That’s especially true for websites using intrusive interstitial ads. If you aren’t certain as to whether your website meets the criteria for being mobile friendly, log in to your Search Console account and view the Mobile Usability Report. Google will report mobile issues there, so you can take the appropriate action.
Life Science Marketing Our team talks the languages of science and business. We can bring your marketing efforts up to date for a maximum ROI, help you launch a new product or break into a new market. Read More Software & Technology You understand the digital world, but we understand digital marketing. We can create your plan, raise awareness, capture and nurture leads by executing an effective marketing strategy. Read More Charity Inbound marketing has given charities and non-profits a great opportunity to reach out to a greater number of people quickly and build potential support for their cause. Read More
A variety of methods can increase the prominence of a webpage within the search results. Cross linking between pages of the same website to provide more links to important pages may improve its visibility. Writing content that includes frequently searched keyword phrase, so as to be relevant to a wide variety of search queries will tend to increase traffic. Updating content so as to keep search engines crawling back frequently can give additional weight to a site. Adding relevant keywords to a web page’s meta data, including the title tag and meta description, will tend to improve the relevancy of a site’s search listings, thus increasing traffic. URL normalization of web pages accessible via multiple urls, using the canonical link element or via 301 redirects can help make sure links to different versions of the url all count towards the page’s link popularity score.
Search engine optimisation, as with all things in life has a good, wholesome, fair and right way of doing things and a bad, unfair, downright naughty way of doing things. To describe the two SEO methodologies the terms “White Hat” and “Black Hat” SEO were coined.
As of 2009, there are only a few large markets where Google is not the leading search engine. In most cases, when Google is not leading in a given market, it is lagging behind a local player. The most notable example markets are China, Japan, South Korea, Russia and the Czech Republic where respectively Baidu, Yahoo! Japan, Naver, Yandex and Seznam are market leaders.
154. Use Google Alerts not only to discover link opportunities, but also to learn about new sites that Google considers to be relevant for your keyword(s). Then, study those sites and try to replicate their success.
No, I would not argue with the fact that time and effort produce results. The network building and vertical research take time, but it is rewarding for all current and future verticals. Thanks for sharing.
161. Optimize your site for mobile devices; their number is growing constantly, and you don’t want to lose potential leads because of that. Responsive website designs are the best, easiest to maintain solution. See how your site looks on various mobile devices using websites like MobileTest.me.
80. Mix regular search operators to create Google queries that highlight less exploited link opportunities. As an example, many people will try to find guest blogging opportunities by typing their keyword + “write for us” into Google’s search box, but only a few of them will also search for their keyword + “write for me”.